You can create groups in your legend. Lizmap will use them too in the web interface.
This is a feature in Lizmap 3.4.
Lizmap allows you to display and switch between themes configured in QGIS. To create your themes, follow QGIS documentation https://docs.qgis.org/latest/en/docs/user_manual/introduction/general_tools.html#configuring-map-themes.
You can exclude layers of your publication with the QGIS Server tab of the QGIS project properties. In this case the layers will not be available in Lizmap at all. With this method, you cannot use a layer in the locate by layer function and not display in the map.
To overcome this lack, Lizmap offers two simple ways to not display some layers only in the legend :
- Either create a group in your legend called
hiddenand put your layer into this group. This group (and its layers) won’t be displayed in the Lizmap legend.
- Or use the check box Hide in legend in for the specific layer.
This feature can be used for:
To add an overview map, or location map, in the Lizmap’s map, you must:
- Create an independent group in the QGIS project called
Overview(with the 1st letter capitalized)
- Add layers, for example a layer of municipalities, a lighter terrain base layer, etc.
All layers and groups in the Overview group will not be shown in the Lizmap’s map legend. They are drawn only in the Overview map.
It is advisable to use:
- light and simplified (if necessary) vector layers
- use a suitable symbology: small strokes and simple or hidden labels
The location map will use the extent of the WMS Capabilities,.
Here is an example of use: