Manage groups and users in Lizmap Web Client¶
The groups and users: principles¶
As an administrator, you can:
- create, rename, delete user groups
- create, modify, delete users
- linking a user to one or more groups
Rights on Lizmap Web CLient repositories are managed at group level, not at the user level.
Manage Groups: create, rename, delete¶
- Create a group: In the left menu click on Groups of users for rights and scroll down to Create a group.
- Define the label: it is possible to use spaces and accents
- Define the ident: one word without special characters
In the page Groups of users for rights, it is also possible to Change the name and Delete a group.
The users group is a group system to give the rights to authenticated users to edit their own user information including passwords. We excluded this group of Lizmap Web Client configuration because all identified users must be part of this group.
- Create a user : In the left menu click on Users and click on the button Create a new user:
- give a Nickname which will be used for the login
- give an email
- define and validate the password
- set name and firstname
- it is also possible to view and edit informations about users
Once users created, you must put them into groups to assign the associated rights.
Putting users in groups¶
- In the left menu click on Rights of users
- it is possible to filter the visible users with the dropdown menu
- to put a user in groups, click on the its button rights
- The page displays a table with rights online and groups on column
- The last column shows the resulting rights
- In the head row, the + and - buttons allow to set / remove the user from a group
Do not use the Personal rights column.