Add your data:
- Vector geographic data files
- ESRI Shapefile
- MapInfo TAB and MIF/MID
- RASTER geographic data files
- Arc/Info ASCII Grid
- Geographic data base
- PostgreSQL / PostGIS
- When you create your connection to PostGIS, use the checkbox Use estimated metadata. Be careful, changing this checkbox after you have already added a layer doesn’t change layers already loaded.
- MSSQL spatial
- Oracle locator / spatial
- PostgreSQL / PostGIS
Organize and manipulate the layers in the legend:
- Add groups with a right click in the empty part of the legend: Add a new group
- Move layers and groups with drag-and-drop
- Rename layers and groups with the F2 or the layer properties window
- Manipulate the rendering order:
- with the legend layer order: the upper layers are rendered above the others.
- by specifying layer order with the menu
Add a title to your project and save it in your working directory.
If your layer has more than one style, the user will be able to switch between them through the button Change layer style at the top of the legend.
Configure the coordinates reference system, CRS, of your project:
- Select the CRS of your Web map:
- EPSG:3857 for Google Mercator
- EPSG:2154 for Lambert 93
- QGIS can reproject raster and vector data.
Configure the Web Geographics Services parameters with the QGIS Server tab:
- Set the title of your Web Geographics Services. This title is used in the Lizmap landing page.
- Add informations like your organization, the owner of the publication, the abstract, etc
- Set the maximum extent of your WMS service
- Restrict the CRSs list of your WMS service:
- at least select the one used in your project
- you can use the button Used to get all the layer CRS and the project one
- Exclude compositions and layers if data cannot be published in WMS
- Enable the layers you want to publish WFS and WCS
Check that the paths are saved relative in the general tab of the project properties window, access it with the menuor CTRL+SHIFT+P.
In the windowallows you to configure a lot of information for Web Geographic Services:
- Provide a title, a description and keywords
- Specify the attribution to respect the data license
- Add the metadata record URL if it’s available
In the window Rendering tab, enable the Simplify geometry and the Simplify on the provider side if possible checkbox too. Note this can be changed in your global settings for layers added later. Read Server side simplification.
In QGIS 3, it’s possible to save your project in
QGZ format or in database (PostGIS/Geopackage).
Lizmap does not support these formats.
You must save your project as
QGS extension by doing and not choosing
You should save your project as
QGS file on your filesystem before opening the Lizmap plugin in the next step.